Wednesday, October 8, 2014

New toy from Forge World, Building my Warhound: Part 1


Hi everyone SeeJay here, This is the 1st part of me building my warhound titan.


So I ordered a warhound titan on Sunday September 28th and received a week later on Monday.

I got the Mars pattern because they make the best shit, also I like this one the best.

 

I also got the plasma blast gun and turbo laser. I will be buying another turbo laser, the mega bolter, and inferno cannon from Travis. I have yet to pick how I want to paint it, I'm thinking either the Warp Runners or  Fire Wasps (shown above). 

So last night I stated cleaning the feet.


I clipped off all the extra junk, and next I will be soaking them in water and dish soap and using a brush to clean off the mold release on Thursday. Then I will start on the legs. I plan on pining the toes and all the leg joints this weekend. I also plan on going to see if I can find a base at Lows or Menards. I would like a wooden base but I will see what I can find. I am also not sure how to set the titan on the base. I am thinking I will need to get some bolts and drill through the wood and in to the feet.


Well that is all for now, I will have an update this weekend.






2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to play against this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I have seen people use either Trophy bases from Michael's or Hobby Lobby before. They are recommended because it helps to offset the weight.

    But if you're looking for something smaller, the feet are the same size as CD's as well.

    Example: http://wildboarblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/dscn7213.jpg

    ReplyDelete